“A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
“A judiciary independent of a king or executive alone, is a good thing; but independence of the will of the nation is a solecism, at least in a republican government.”
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Ritchie, December 25, 1820
Normally, I would write about a topic that simply effects West Virginia, but what I write about today covers all fifty states, every man, every woman, and every child. I’ve been paying attention to politics since Ronald Reagan became president in 1980. Something about President Reagan captivated me, when he spoke. Always a smile, always a sense of humor (even with himself), and seemed to have everything in control. Along comes President Obama and what happens? I truly believe that he was elected on sheer charisma and vocal ability alone. Let’s face the facts. Obama had no executive experience, no real job to speak of, and no marketable skills. To be very honest, I don’t know too many businesses, that would hire anyone, with this large of a lack of skills. Unfortunately, Obama pulled off a win, not once, but twice. Since taking office, what have we, as a nation, really gotten? Yes, we got Obamacare, the ultimate liberal victory, but even that is full of lies, mistruths, and an ever growing price tag. The only other thing worth mentioning, is the sheer magnitude of scandals.
Twenty-four scandals and counting! You can almost expect any administration to have a scandal or two, but twenty-four? As if the number isn’t enough to scare you, how about his administration’s response to every single one of them? Obama knows nothing. The GOP is chasing phony scandals. Instead of taking care of business, the GOP wastes time with investigations. Or, Obama just plain points the finger at someone else, such as President Bush. At what point, does Obama become responsible for anything? According to his own answers, never. President Obama claims that the GOP is busy probing “phony scandals.” But the sheer number of scandals suggests that misbehavior, abuse of power, and possibly corruption are not something being dreamed up by the GOP, but an active practice of this administration. Bellow is a list of the Obama administration’s worst scandals. I wonder what scandals might not have been uncovered yet.
1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.
2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one:
- The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.
- The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video
- The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack
3. Watching the AP: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters’ phone records as part of a leak investigation.
4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme: Allowed weapons from the U.S. to “walk” across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. “Mom and POP gun shops were blamed for the weapons, at one point.
7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.
8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for ObamaCare.
9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn’t face discrimination.
10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind reader. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.
11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando. An assistant secretary was fired.
12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made “extemporaneous partisan remarks” during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina.
13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the Obama administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.
14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name “Richard Windsor” when corresponding by email with other government officials, drawing charges she was trying to evade scrutiny.
15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who appeared to be menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia. No charges have ever been filed.
16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution and both the letter and the spirit of the War Powers Resolution by attacking Libya without Congressional approval.
17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden’s office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.
18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then-White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD Message and Media, to promote passage of Obamacare. Some questioned whether the firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2 million AKPD owed him.
19. Sestak, we’ll take care of you: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).
20. I’ll pass my own laws: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the “Dream Act.”
21. The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer: It’s not clear who hacked the CBS reporter’s computer as she investigated the Benghazi scandal, but the Obama administration and its allies had both the motive and the means to do it.
22. An American Political Prisoner: The sudden decision to arrest Nakoula Basseley Nakoula on unrelated charges after protests in the Arab world over his anti-Muslim video is an extraordinarily suspicious coincidence. “We’re going to go out and we’re going to prosecute the person that made that video,” Hillary Clinton allegedly told the father of one of the ex-SEALs killed in Banghazi.
23. Get rid of inconvenient IGs: Corporation for National and Community Service Inspector General Gerald Walpin was fired in 2009 as he fought wasteful spending and investigated a friend of Obama’s, Sacramento Mayor and former NBA player Kevin Johnson. The White House says Walpin was incompetent.
24. Influence peddling: An investigation is underway of Alejandro Mayorkas, director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, who has been nominated by Obama for the number two post at the Department of Homeland Security. Mayorkas may have used his position to unfairly obtain U.S. visas for foreign investors in company run by Hillary Clinton’s brother, Anthony Rodman.
With this many scandals, I have no faith in this administration, what-so-ever. I have no faith in Obama, as a leader, an executive, or a president. The United States has been failed, time and time again, by a bully. Instead of taking any responsibility for what happens on his watch, he claims to know nothing. Frankly, either Obama is the dumbest executive to draw a breath or he’s a liar. Which ever one you pick, we the people aren’t left with anything. We, as West Virginian’s, need to pay attention and think long and hard about our political future. Right now, the Mountain State has an over abundance of liberal politicians. Charleston is chock full of them. Many of those have a horrid record of simply voting for anything that would support the Obama machine. What price might this cost us Mountaineers? This state is one of the poorest, yet Obama and his supporters wage a war coal, which will mean a dramatic rise in what we pay for electricity and a huge number of lost jobs, when coal mines have no one to sell coal to.
I am scared to see what the future of this state may be, with liberals left to their bidding, with no real worry, as to what they do, what it costs, what laws may be violated, or who may be hurt. Liberals don’t seem to care about real world issues, real people, or real problems, as long as their ideals, policies, and laws are passed. None of this may matter to you and I, at this point, but eventually, the bill is going to come due. Someone is going to have to pay it. Right now, this nation sits on $17 trillion worth of debt and growing. Obama keeps spending. Are we really willing to leave this bill for our kids and grandchildren to pay? No, this isn’t totally a West Virginia issue, but an issue that will impact this state, just the same. God Bless You! God Bless West Virginia! God Bless America!
Powered by Facebook Comments